Welcome to Apache SINGA¶
- SINGA graduated as a Top-Level Project (TLP) of the Apache Software Foundation on 16 Oct 2019.
- Food(lg), the mobile app to help patients with prediabetes, is powered by SINGA and this app can now be downloaded on the APP Store or Google Play. Watch this video of Food(lg) for more details.
- A tutorial on SINGA was given at Singapore Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA), 16 August, 2019. Snapshots of the tutorial:
- SINGA participated in mentoring the Google Summer of Code 2019 project SpamAssassin : Statistical Classifier Plugin .
- SINGA participated at EU FOSSA Apache Hackathon in Brussels on 4 and 5 May 2019.
- Version 2.0.0 is now available, 20 April, 2019. Download SINGA v2.0.0
- SINGA was presented at DISI, University of Trento, Italy on 14 December 2018.
- SINGA was presented at DIBRIS, University of Genoa, Italy on 16 July 2018.
- Version 1.2.0 is now available, 6 June, 2018. Download SINGA v1.2.0
- Version 1.1.0 is now available, 12 Feb, 2017. Download SINGA v1.1.0
- A tutorial on SINGA V1 will be given at SGInnovate, on 23 March, 2017
- Version 1.0.0 is now available, 9 Sep, 2016. Download SINGA v1.0.0
- SINGA will be presented at REWORK, 21 Oct, 2016.
- SINGA was presented at PyDataSG, 16 Aug, 2016.
- Version 0.3.0 is now available, 20 April, 2016. Download SINGA v0.3.0
- Version 0.2.0 is now available, 14 Jan, 2016. Download SINGA v0.2.0.
- SINGA was presented at Strata+Hadoop on 2 Dec, 2015
- SINGA was presented at ACM Multimedia Best Paper session and Open Source Software Competition session, 26-30 Oct, 2015 (Slides)
- Version 0.1.0 is now available, 8 Oct, 2015. Download SINGA v0.1.0.
- SINGA was presented at workshop on deep learning held on 16 Sep, 2015
- SINGA was presented at BOSS of VLDB 2015 at Hawaii, 4 Sep, 2015. (slides: overview, basic, advanced)
- SINGA was presented at ADSC/I2R Deep Learning Workshop, 25 Aug, 2015.
- A tutorial on SINGA was given at VLDB summer school at Tsinghua University, 25-31 July, 2015.
- A half day tutorial on SINGA was given at I2R, 29 June, 2015.
- SINGA was presented at DanaC of SIGMOD 2015 at Melbourne, 31 May - 4 June, 2015.
- SINGA has been accepted by Apache Incubator, 17 March, 2015.
- Install SINGA via conda, apt-get, or from source.
- Try SINGA on AWS or via Docker.
- Refer to the Jupyter notebooks for some basic examples and the model zoo page for more examples.
How to contribute¶
As with any open source project, there are several ways you can help:
- Join the [mailing list](http://singa.apache.org/en/community/mail-lists.html) and answer other user’s questions.
- [Help with the documentation](http://singa.apache.org/en/develop/contribute-docs.html) by updating webpages that are lacking or unclear.
- [Contribute code to SINGA](http://singa.apache.org/en/develop/contribute-code.html) by fixing errors or adding new features. [All issues are tracked](http://singa.apache.org/en/community/issue-tracking.html) on the JIRA system.
SINGA was initiated by the DB System Group at National University of Singapore in 2014, in collaboration with the database group of Zhejiang University. Please cite the following two papers if you use SINGA in your research:
- B. C. Ooi, K.-L. Tan, S. Wang, W. Wang, Q. Cai, G. Chen, J. Gao, Z. Luo, A. K. H. Tung, Y. Wang, Z. Xie, M. Zhang, and K. Zheng. SINGA: A distributed deep learning platform. ACM Multimedia (Open Source Software Competition) 2015 (BibTex).
- W. Wang, G. Chen, T. T. A. Dinh, B. C. Ooi, K.-L.Tan, J. Gao, and S. Wang. SINGA: putting deep learning in the hands of multimedia users. ACM Multimedia 2015 (BibTex, Slides).
Rafiki is a sub module of SINGA. Please cite the following paper if you use Rafiki in your research:
- Wei Wang, Jinyang Gao, Meihui Zhang, Sheng Wang, Gang Chen, Teck Khim Ng, Beng Chin Ooi, Jie Shao, Moaz Reyad. Rafiki: Machine Learning as an Analytics Service System. VLDB 2019 (BibTex).